Sunday, November 21, 2010

Red Cabbage Salad

I sometimes like to nibble on the raw vegetables when I cut them, even on the kinds that I typically don't eat raw, like red cabbage. I had thought it'd be bitter and hard. But it's actually crunchy and sweet, nothing like the regular cabbage which doesn't have the purple hue. A week later, I bought another head of red cabbage and did an experiment on a raw red cabbage salad. I wonder why it took my so long to stop sauteing this delicious vegetable!

Servings: 6
Ingredients:
  • 1 head red cabbage, cored and shredded
  • 1/2 Red onion, or Spanish Onion, shredded
  • 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 2/3 cup champagne vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 2 teaspoons sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, honey, sea salt, and black pepper. Pour dressing over cabbage and onion, and toss to coat. Serve immediately or chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment